Chickie Mamma gave us her peanuts

Quote:
My pleasure. Thanks. My wife fell in love with those two white silkies.
The black roo is establishing his place in the flock. Him and my Red Silkie
roo will need to get used to each other. The Phoenix is roosting high
to stay out of the action. She is SO SWEET and has already become a
favorite. I'll get pics tommorow.

Oh, not one crow yet.
smile.png

Oh he will crow!! He usually starts about 7:30am and if he hears you out there, he will crow. I usually don't hear anything after 3:00pm or so. If you were wondering why the white silkies have a little pink and blue in their feathers, well I did a dopey thing. We had a bunch of them going to the farmer here and I was going out all day and my DH was to give the farmer the chickens. Those 2 I wanted to keep as I thought they might have been girls. So while giving them a bath, we used a little food coloring to determine who was who and DH wouldn't give away the wrong ones. The kids thought it was great (they were much brighter). But I tried to get the color out many times. It is fading.. but just in case you were wondering, its not a new breed
gig.gif
Keep us updated on the Phoenix especially, she was my baby. She would sleep in the crease in my arm. I don't know if your son named the black roo yet.. but his name was "Tyson", and I swear he knew his name. "Perdue" was the bigger white silkie. Let me know when he crows.. I was so excited the first time I heard it. It was a little pathetic, but he has a nice sound to it, just not for my neighbors.
roll.png
I need a "real" farm!!
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom