Chick's age?

If they are just getting their wing feathers, then they might be about 2 days old. I got mine when they were 3 days and they had some of their wing feathers already.

They're probably not more than a week. Our feed store usually gets them within 2 days of hatch/shipping and the chicks are gone within the week.

Of course, if you post pictures everyone would love to see them and it would make it easier to give you an approximate age.
big_smile.png

Marcy

I'd love to post pics:D I'm such a proud mama right now! Did this work? (Newbie here)

50161_dsc03225_resize.jpg

Also, how long do I have to wait to feed them something like yogurt or grapes?

Last edited:
Try uploading photos to photobucket, then copy and paste the IMG code. There is a way to upload them here on BYC. But I tried it and it was a little slow for me.

Regarding treats, I'd wait until they are a week old. And by then I'd only offer boiled egg and yogurt. I'm not sure how well they would digest grapes at a young age.
idunno.gif

Awww, they're so cute and definitely only a couple days old. I wouldn't star tgiving them treats until they're at least a week and then only just yogurt with a little applesauce. I don't know about grapes. There's a link/pages somewhere on here that lists all the food that you can give a chicken. Unfortunately, I can never find what I'm looking for when I'm looking for it. I'll post a link if I can find it.

Marcy

I found the chick treat post, thanks! And I'll tell my kids that the chicks are two days old and their birthday is March 1. That kind of stuff is important to them. I'm sure I'll have a ton more questions as the days progress!

Back
Top Bottom