Chicks and a Pekin poorly 😫

Having pretreated bedding that kills mites and lice, but causes no harm to chickens, would be a Godsend. Don't feel bad as we're always looking for ways to make our chickens happier and hopefully less work for us.

Now that they're out of that environment, their eyes and health should just start improving. I think you owe them a treat though. 😊
They were delighted to see mealworms ☺️
I hope they get back to themselves. I have some lovely looking birds and all their own little characters

Thank you and to all who have responded. I removed the bedding and opted back to shavings. Believed I was doing a decent thing for wintering my birds with this type of bedding. My Pekin chicks are looking better but some of my adults are looking poorly. Irritated eyes etc 😔
Photos of the adults that look poorly?

If they have irritated eyes from the bedding, then you may be able to help them out by flushing eyes with saline and wiping away any dust or pus.
I assume you are in UK/EU? Not sure if you can get eye ointment over the counter. Terramcyin eye ointment is good to put in irritated eyes after cleaning them or if you can find something like Vetericyn eye gel, that would work too.

Back
Top Bottom