Chicks are about 4-5 weeks old now... please help determine their sex?

RMDelete

Songster
9 Years
May 17, 2011
Escondido
Geez... I haven't had chickies in forever
sad.png
and my last post wasn't exactly very clear either... I am very worried since Tweetie in my last post was called a HE and right now "she" is larger than her two siblings and I am just worried because I am not sure she is growing faster so looks different than the other two (doesn't help that they are all diff looking either) sooo.... I am crossing my fingers cuz I don't want to break my Nephews heart but I need the truth here >..< aaacK!!! Soo frustrating... so here are the "girls" please confirm or deny their sexes for me I will try and be strong!

First contender is Peck

peck2.jpg

peck3.jpg

peck4.jpg

peck5.jpg

Second contender is Twitchie

twitchie2.jpg

twitchie3.jpg

twitchie4.jpg

twitchie5.jpg

aaaand finally... the one I fear the most
sad.png

Last contender is Tweetie (who has grown much faster than the other two and always steals all the protein up before the other two)
here is a REALLY good close up of the face

tweetie.jpg

tweetie2.jpg

tweetie3.jpg

tweetie4.jpg

tweetie5.jpg

fl.gif

I see. Anyone else think they can give it a go? I don't know what a huge sign would be for roo except for crowing and a giant comb and right now I am not sure if I see a giant comb or not but it freaks me out that this chickie (Tweetie) is huge compared to the other two right now

omg omg I do hope they are girls! Thanks for at least giving me some perk for the day
big_smile.png
at least two people said girls now *wheew* now I wont have to think about breaking anyone's hearts right now (esp since my youngest Nephew is the one most attached to the chickies and he is the one who's chickie was looking suspicious) hehe okay
smile.png
thanks for giving me a boost today everyone! Yay! Time to go buy chicken food!

I would say girls too....give it a few more weeks, see if the combs start to pink up...good luck!

I bought 9 from a local feed store last year, from the pullet pen...guess what...9 roos!
Now I have 16 new ones, I special ordered and drove 5 hours to get...all but 2 are roos! yeah!

Good luck to you, keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom