Chicks are growing up!

chixrus2013

Songster
9 Years
May 12, 2013
šŸ˜¢ Well itā€™s kind of bitter sweet. Reminds me of when our kids grew up. Your all excited about seeing them grow and experience certain milestones, but, then when they do, itā€™s sad to see the baby behavior gone. Thatā€™s how I feel with my 7 week chicks who no longer sleep in a straw ā€œbedā€ in the coop all nestled together in a big clump. I have 8 chicks and as of this week they started using the highest roosting bar in the coop to roost on at night. They still try to snuggle on the roosting bar, and sometimes knock one another off in an attempt to do so, (Which is pretty funny to watch) but then they settle down and stay in their spots for the night. Was anxious for them to do this because itā€™s easier clean up for me with the trays (boot trays) below the roosting bars that I only need to empty out. But, I do miss seeing them all nestled together for the night. šŸ˜¢ They also began free ranging this week when Iā€™m outside with them. They love it!! It never ceases to amaze me how quickly they grow up!!

Mine are almost 3 weeks and I'm not ready for them " to fly the coop".
Ya I hear you. They are so cute when theyā€™re little fuzzy balls. But itā€™s also fun when Iā€™m sitting on a chair reading outside and one of them flies up to my lap or to the arm of the chair as if to say ā€œcan you read to me? Each stage has its own special fun. Love my girls!!! šŸ“šŸ„šŸ’•

Back
Top Bottom