*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
How do you accurately candle? I tried holding egg over an empty toilet paper roll with flashlight and it didn't seem bright enough. Did you just use your hand?
Thanks!!!
jumpy.gif

I can usually candle by just putting the light up to the egg, but for the pics, I used my hand to block overflow so I could get the camera to focus on the egg instead of the glare. You probably need a brighter light.

This is just the best thread!! Wow loads of information. Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. One question, I do have a projector which I thought I could move into where the eggs are, but do you just take one out at a time and leave the bator open while you candle them all? I have 12. Also, do you mark them in any way after candled? Thanks again. I candle on Saturday, and I am so excited and yet so freaked out
ep.gif

Thanks!

When I candle normally, I just do it all in the bator because the flashlight fits in the bator. For a projector style, just open and close the bator to try to prevent too much cooling. I don't mark them anyway after candling, just go down the line so to say. If I'm not taking pics, each egg is about 3 seconds to pass the light over it.

Oh well, forget the projector. It is missing the power cord! Guess I had better just invest in a decent flashlight. So if you shine the light right in the bator, you can see through them without taking them out?

I put my light in the bator against the eggs and I can see though the eggs provided the room is dark. Basically, I am candling with my hands and egg in the bator instead of taking my hands out of the bator to candle.

Quote:
If all you can see is the aircell, you need a brighter light.
wink.png

Else, the answer depends on the day of inucbation and you should see some variation, with likly less detail, than the pics in the first post.

Back
Top Bottom