*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
One hour without heat won't hurt them, but there are other reasons they will stop growing. It is fairly common. If you think it has stopped growing, it is better to toss it so it doesn't rot in the incubator.

Okay! So basically
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
one of my chicks is hatching!!!!! They've managed to get through the egg shell but the layer under the egg hasn't been broken yet! Should I break it?

Okay! So basically
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
one of my chicks is hatching!!!!! They've managed to get through the egg shell but the layer under the egg hasn't been broken yet! Should I break it?
It sounds like your chick might be "shrink wrapped". If it can't get out of the membrane, you can wet it with warm water on a Qtip to try to get it to loosen up.

It sounds like your chick might be "shrink wrapped".  If it can't get out of the membrane, you can wet it with warm water on a Qtip to try to get it to loosen up.  
Thank you! I ended up just taking the egg off completely and releasing the chick.. He's so tiny though, it's amazing! I'm gonna put him with my broody hens tomorrow though, is that okay? Will they be able to look after him properly??

If you have a broody hen you can slip the chick under her after sunset. I wouldn't recommend letting all the broody hens have just one chick since they could end up fighting over it.

I have two broody hens, there both sitting on eggs. It's daylight and I just put the chick in front of them and one of them started growling?! I got scared so I put the chick back in the incubator..?

Hi, we have eggs in the incubator and they are on day 14 - we candled them on day 12 and saw veins and dark patches so i was wondering when i should candle them next. I have no idea what breed they are as they got given to us because the last ones gave up and didnt hatch :/ anyway... i also wondered what sort of box to keep them in e.g. a plastic one or a cardboard one. We are very new to incubating eggs as you can probably tell :) thanks in advance!

Hi!

I have a broody silkie sitting on 5 eggs that I am hoping to candle at Day 10. What is the best time during the day to candle the eggs? What should I look for?

Hi!

I have a broody silkie sitting on 5 eggs that I am hoping to candle at Day 10. What is the best time during the day to candle the eggs? What should I look for?
Hi
welcome-byc.gif
. we candle our eggs at night (for a few seconds) because its dark or during the day in a very dark spot. We saw a chick moving in the egg one night (day 16) so that was exciting but we're not by far profesionals lol good luck with your chicks :)

Back
Top Bottom