Chicks dead in shell. Please help

During incubation I have the humidity at 50-55% and then the last 3 days I’d have humidity at 60-65%. Temperature at 99.8. My incubator has a fan.
And the shells that I opened had fully developed chicks a bit moist but not overly so.
Sounds like your humidity is too high. Research dry incubation method. When the humidity is too high the chick grows too big and cannot hatc itself therefor dies in the shell fully developed. Usually you'll get chicks that can pip but can't turn to zip the shell so dies with only a hole. It can also happen like you described but less often. If possible try to run the humidity in the high 20s to low 30s till lockdown then up it. It especially happens with Styrofoam type incubators

Just want to give an update here. I believe I had a very good hatch rate now. I hatched 30 eggs out of 34 successfully. I had the humidity at 50 and the temperature at 99.4. So I believe my problem was that I had the temperature too high the previous times. Thanks everyone for helping.

Just want to give an update here. I believe I had a very good hatch rate now. I hatched 30 eggs out of 34 successfully. I had the humidity at 50 and the temperature at 99.4. So I believe my problem was that I had the temperature too high the previous times. Thanks everyone for helping.
Thanks for updating, and I'm so glad things worked out for you!

Back
Top Bottom