Chicks door auto shut cheap?

Beware of the imposters/copy cats/imitators/"counterfeit" of the Chicken Run brand door. The original door is made of metal, while the "counterfeit" ones are made of plastic and smaller motors. This info is presented from all the reviews I have read on these doors. I can honestly says that I have, at least, read several hundred reviews. The Chicken Run and Ador doors are two of few commercially produced doors that I actually like. So, I take the time to read on them.

Disclaimer: I always advocate for making your own door with a linear actuator. You can add a safety feature at time of install or later. So I may never buy a commercially produced door. But I do see why other may want/need to. That's why put some effort into researching those doors.

The doors that have copied the Chicken Run brand, most, seem to think that the logo is a bad effort in making a silhouette of a chicken, so they "correct" that. In doing that they give themselves away since it is NOT a silhouette of a chicken, it is the depiction of the creators Country of origin. Slovenia. So, again, beware of the imitators. They are cheaper versions.

Original:
View attachment 3276130 View attachment 3276134

Copies:

View attachment 3276132
Hey get back in this post lol
I diy make everything lol like if the mrs says hey got a new table I want in the shop or hair straighteners I’m like …”can I make it” lol I’ve no idea why I didn’t on this I thaught it would end arduino etc loads of Tekky specs ?

I’m all ears are you implying you make them if so do you have a YouTube or any pics lol I’m interested in this lol

Hey get back in this post lol
I diy make everything lol like if the mrs says hey got a new table I want in the shop or hair straighteners I’m like …”can I make it” lol I’ve no idea why I didn’t on this I thaught it would end arduino etc loads of Tekky specs ?

I’m all ears are you implying you make them if so do you have a YouTube or any pics lol I’m interested in this lol
I do make doors that most people can make themselves but I only do it here locally. I have a youtube channel but I only post small videos to demo individual sections/parts of the doors, like the controller or safety feature.

You say you have ten coops, how far apart are they?

I do make doors that most people can make themselves but I only do it here locally. I have a youtube channel but I only post small videos to demo individual sections/parts of the doors, like the controller or safety feature.

You say you have ten coops, how far apart are they?
Aww that’s such a shame I’ll have to learn lol
I have chicken tractors 1 at home and 2 mini ones for chooks
Then 3 at 1 field and 3 at the other field But will be adding 2 more for my males that get naughty lol

There all normally a meter apart though I stagger them down rows too

Was trying to figure out how the safety works or what controls that they seem one that gets blocked and then. Goes up and down again and another that will stop till clear but all must be in their design motherboards PCB

I like the look of the threaded bar they seem safe from predators

My main quarrel is though instead of sunlight setting I’d like to open it at set times cause In winter I keep them inside till 8am but sun rises on my field at 6 and I don’t want them running around at 6 crowing lol

Night time I could set time to shut after dark if setting night closing with a open timer is problem

I’m watching soma y videos diy but non seem to have safety features

Here are two short videos of the Safety Pressure Switch Setup that I came up with that can be added to almost any motorized auto door system. It really is not hard to do it just looks that way due to all the wires.

Use a two channel timer. The First video has a 2 Channel timer setup in the background.

Beware of the imposters/copy cats/imitators/"counterfeit" of the Run-Chicken brand door. The original door is made of metal, while the "counterfeit" ones are made of plastic and smaller motors.

The doors that have copied the Run-Chicken brand, most, seem to think that the logo is a bad effort in making a silhouette of a chicken, so they "correct" that. In doing that they give themselves away since it is NOT a silhouette of a chicken, it is the depiction of the creators Country of origin. Slovenia. So, again, beware of the imitators. They are cheaper versions.

Original:
View attachment 3276130 View attachment 3276134

I started searching for auto doors recently and now my Facebook feed is filled with ads for counterfeit Run-Chicken doors. They all seem to use Run-chicken photos and/or videos. Some edit the photos to remove the name and logo, but even they generally leave the T50 model number.

I'm pretty happy with the T50 door. I use the advance features to program the door using my smartphone. It works by sending a series of coded light flashes to the solar sensor after you put the door into configuration mode.

Also, rather than adjusting the light sensitivity, it adjusts the time to open/close after the triggering event. To counter false opens/closing, it uses the light over the entire period. So even shining a flashlight at the door for over 5 minutes won't open it if the delay is set for 10 minutes or more.

I'm pretty happy with the T50 door. I use the advance features to program the door using my smartphone. It works by sending a series of coded light flashes to the solar sensor after you put the door into configuration mode.
If I understand you correctly, you program the door and it is not dependant on the internet or wifi? That sounds good.

If I understand you correctly, you program the door and it is not dependant on the internet or wifi? That sounds good.

Yes, no wifi or internet.

The programming isn't that complex, there are three options with some variation. First, you COULD set the door to be manual and require a button push to open or close. You can set the door to be strictly on a timer. You also can set the door to be opened/closed based on the daylight sensor. The default is to open the door 20 minutes after daylight is sensed and close 20 minutes after daylight ends.

The programming variability is in the time to open/close the door. The delay can be set to 5, 10, 20, 40, 60, or even 120 minutes. There is also a GPS mode that calculates the time for daylight/dark base on latitude and longitude rather than actual light. (I haven't tested that mode). The delay opening helps to prevent false-positives for morning when flashlights, motion-activated lights, or car headlights shine briefly on the door. My testing has shown that the door has to sense light for most of the delay period before it will open (or close).

Also, opening and closing can be configured to different modes. You could, for example open on a scheduled time (or GPS) if your coop doesn't get morning light at all. Then closing could still be based on the light. Or any permutation of the possible variables for opening or closing. :)

The only issues I've read about are that some smartphones don't have the right refresh rate to program (but reportedly most work ok) and the door channels can get blocked with ice or snow if the door doesn't have an overhead protection.

So far, I really like it.

I've had mine over 2 years, last may the motor started freaking out, wasn't opening and closing like it should, I contacted customer service, sent them some pictures they requested and they ended up sending me a brand new front enclosure to put on the door. I was way out of the warranty time frame, but they did and it was free. I love mine!

Back
Top Bottom