Chicks fighting

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Threewyandottes, Mar 23, 2018.

1. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

Yes, and No..Chicks require room or they fight..Normal Chicks will engage in battles. It's like all babies learn through play..

webbysmeme likes this.
  2. Threewyandottes

Threewyandottes Chirping

Mar 13, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    Each chick has two square feet of space.

3. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

Okay and breeds..?..Entertaining things to hop on and off, dust baths?...Mirror to see other Chicks?...

webbysmeme likes this.
  4. llombardo

llombardo Crowing

Mar 11, 2018
    Illinois
    I got a large branch and they jump on and off it. They don't stay in the brooder, I know they are jumping out--the poop is the evidence. They are always back in there when I check on them.

Today I bought them an egg that you put food in and when they roll it, the food comes out. I'm sure they are going to play with it.

webbysmeme and Miss Lydia like this.
  5. Threewyandottes

Threewyandottes Chirping

Mar 13, 2018
    Houston, Texas
    Thanks everyone, i am going to put in some (disinfected) twigs and maybe a mirror if i can!

6. Crazychocolatedog

Crazychocolatedog Songster

Apr 14, 2018
    Massachusetts
    I’m glad I saw your reply to this post. My chicks are inside, and are about 4 weeks old. They are in a huge puppy whelping box. Lots of room. Some posts say just give them medicated baby food for 8 weeks....but I have started giving them chopped grass,...berries, a dirt bath, and yesterday they very quickly chased down some live crickets. After they ate the crickets...the chicks seem like they are crazy. They are running, and flapping their wings and trying to fly!! Im just trying to keep them busy, and happy but I still think they are bored. Today we will try marbles! Lol

webbysmeme likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: