Chicks first night in the coop.....I'm a nervous wreck!

My girls (3 1/2 weeks) are on their first overnight in the coop tonight. I just came back from checking on them for the 3rd time and Im sure I will be back out there at least another 3 times before bed. I am going to be a wreck all night long. I hope they appreciate all of the worrying we do over them!
big_smile.png

Know why I'm up at 3:30am posting this?

Cuz this is my 5 week old fuzzy butts first night in the coop, and I've been going out there every few hours to check on them!

They are in a chicken tractor, all bunched up at the pop door right now. It is 60 degrees outside, so I turned on a 100 watt reptile ceramic heater to keep them warmer.

OK, maybe I can get a few hours of sleep before I go out to water the garden and tend to the chickens.

And to think this is SUPPOSED to be my vacation time away from work!

The nervous feeling goes away
smile.png
Mine have been out for almost a month now and I still check on them at night before dark and peek out at them when I first wake up in the morning but I don't worry about them all night long like I used to! It's such a relief and happy feeling when they are off the heat lamp and go into their coop on their own at night--they grow up so fast!!!

big_smile.png
So proud! They have only spent 2 nights in the big coop and I let them out for part of the day today. When I went out to check on them and put them back in the coop because we have some storms coming and they had ALREADY GONE TO BED! ALL BY THEMSELVES!

Yea! So proud of them!

Quote:
OH how cool! My girls spent the first night out last night. I went to check on them at midnight and noticed a funny shadow in the front window. Lucy was perched up there sleeping on the window sill. There were 2 others perched in another window. The rest were in a pig pile on the floor. So cute! Can't wait till I can let them out in the run for a while. Hopefully they will go to bed nicely like yours!

Back
Top Bottom