Chicks for Easter questions and opinions needed!!

TheRedStarGirl

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 26, 2013
I have a flock of 15. All my girls are Red Sex Links and the Roo, I just got him yesterday, is a beautiful Light Brahma. (They are all getting along so well and he is so nice to the girls, I am very happy about this!)

I want to do chicks for Easter I have homes for them already. They are going to increase the flocks of my neighbors to replace chickens my dog has escaped and eaten...long story heh. I was looking up hatching chicks and I came accross this cool thing where you can dye the embryos with food coloring thus dyeing the chicks Easter colors. Has anyone ever done this? I don't want to do anything to hurt them and I am doing this for the first time so I figured I would ask the experts. How hard is it to do? Does it hurt them? I think the idea is kind of cool but again I don't want to hurt them. What do you all think? How long should I wait before the eggs are fertilized? Like I said I just got my Roo yesterday. We named him King Kong because he is so big haha.

Sometimes they spray them but at day 18 you can inject the egg and get a better result. I don't want to spray them.

Back
Top Bottom