chicks from Ideal

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by ameraucanacrazy, Mar 7, 2009.

1. ameraucanacrazy

ameraucanacrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    dose i deal hatchury have good babies and do they take a long time to ship them to ur house

2. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

when mine were shiped to me they were fast. Not a single one died. They have all been strong and healthy. shipping took one day.

3. ameraucanacrazy

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    how long do u have to wait until they ship

4. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

It depends on what you want. What breed and what quality you're expecting make a big difference. I am very happy with my Ideal chicks, but they are hatchery quality like all hatcheries.

If you want Ameracaunas (like your username) then you need to get them from a breeder. The Ameracaunas that Ideal and all hatcheries sell are actually Easter Eggers, because they don't fit the standards of true Ameracaunas.

I've read that Ideal has sold out of a lot of breeds until possibly August...you'll have to contact them to find out what's available now. I ordered mine in the beginning of January...my chicks were shipped on January 21 and I received them the next morning.

5. CityClucks

CityClucks The Center of a 50 Mile Radius

Jan 31, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    How long you wait depends on the breeds you choose. When you order online, they'll show you what's available soonest. Mine got to me in one day and all alive.

6. ameraucanacrazy

Feb 11, 2009
    macon,ga
    i was planing on getting some silver laced wyndotes

7. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    There's been an insanely massive run on chickens. Go to website and look - they are sold out of nearly everything until summer at many hatcheries, and some breeds sold out til next year. If you still want hatchery birds this year, order right now. Like today.

Or order from your friends on BYC!

8. Karlachix

Karlachix Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2008
    NorthEast
    I placed my order yesterday and I was told the birds will ship 4/22.

9. chickory

chickory Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    blue ridge , georgia
    Quote:why is there a massive run on chickens?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by