Chicks hatching (photos)

Quote:
I think dad should take a DNA test...They ALL look exactly like mom
lau.gif
I wonder if she breed with my (black) male Silkie roo before Kingpin...the million $ question. lol

yuckyuck.gif
Only time will tell.....
big_smile.png

I went outside and told him he was a new daddy..he just looked at me with that look of " woman, if you have no food to offer, go away!" LOL he's been chassing the girls today..in the mood I guess
tongue.png

Quote:
Scarlett, my heart goes out to you hon. Have you indeed found that 100% those eggs are dead? If you were here in florida, I'd gladly give you a baby to bond to. I'm sad from your ordeal and there's nothing I can do
sad.png
Don't ever give up..was this your first hatch?

No this was not my first hatch but my second. And there are three eggs left that havent pipped but may still be alive. They havent made a noise or anything. Theyre just big black blobs.... Ill leave them for a few days see how it goes.
hu.gif

Yes Im sure the two that pipped are dead I peeled back some of the shell and no movement whatsoever for a long time. But its ok Im going to try again IF I can find some silkie eggs....
hide.gif

Quote:
Scarlett, my heart goes out to you hon. Have you indeed found that 100% those eggs are dead? If you were here in florida, I'd gladly give you a baby to bond to. I'm sad from your ordeal and there's nothing I can do
sad.png

No this was not my first hatch but my second. And there are three eggs left that havent pipped but may still be alive. They havent made a noise or anything. Theyre just big black blobs.... Ill leave them for a few days see how it goes.
hu.gif

Yes Im sure the two that pipped are dead I peeled back some of the shell and no movement whatsoever for a long time. But its ok Im going to try again IF I can find some silkie eggs....
hide.gif

Quote:
sad.png

hu.gif

hide.gif

I thought I posted after this...I guess it never showed up! Or I'm already crazy from this whole ordeal!! Anyways, Scarlett, don't give up on those 3 babies. I broke the laws when it came to candling and handling. Even though the eggs had a broody, I still candled till yesterday
smack.gif
I know...lol But I wanted to see what was going on and such. I seen the internal pip before the external. I hope this gives you hope..I just checked the 2 eggs that mama laid 5 days after sitting. I figured they would hatch 5 days from now, right? Well one has pipped and is chirping! So, nature can fool us and maybe, just maybe that blob your seeing is resting. When I candled at day 21, that's all I see too. NO movement just blob. Do you see the air cell? Has it grown and slant down now?

Quote:
hu.gif

hide.gif

I thought I posted after this...I guess it never showed up! Or I'm already crazy from this whole ordeal!! Anyways, Scarlett, don't give up on those 3 babies. I broke the laws when it came to candling and handling. Even though the eggs had a broody, I still candled till yesterday
smack.gif
I know...lol But I wanted to see what was going on and such. I seen the internal pip before the external. I hope this gives you hope..I just checked the 2 eggs that mama laid 5 days after sitting. I figured they would hatch 5 days from now, right? Well one has pipped and is chirping! So, nature can fool us and maybe, just maybe that blob your seeing is resting. When I candled at day 21, that's all I see too. NO movement just blob. Do you see the air cell? Has it grown and slant down now?

Im not sure if its slanted down...... It is a big lifeless blob though...
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom