Chicks Hatching

Thanks! I found a YouTube video of baby chicks chirping to try and help!:D
I had to buy a few little chicks to help my one egg out. I could hear them calling back and forth to the little one. It was the cutest thing ever. BTW, I didn't see movement in that egg for days before lock down. It didn't smell bad, and a shadow filled the egg, so I let it be and waited. He is 12 weeks old now!!!

You all my have guessed, since there’s been no update, the rest off the eggs didn’t make it. The morning after the first pip, it’s little beak was in the same spot it was the night before, no more chirping. Pretty sure humidity was the cause and they shrink wrapped inside the egg. The three that hatched are all doing great. They’re all white with little hints of red and a few black spots here and there. They still have a little fluff near their heads but most of their feathers are out. One of the three is very friendly and likes to be pet and held. Kinda cute. I’ll get pictures later, just figured I’d give y’all an update while I was thinking about it! Hope everyone has a great day!

You all my have guessed, since there’s been no update, the rest off the eggs didn’t make it. The morning after the first pip, it’s little beak was in the same spot it was the night before, no more chirping. Pretty sure humidity was the cause and they shrink wrapped inside the egg. The three that hatched are all doing great. They’re all white with little hints of red and a few black spots here and there. They still have a little fluff near their heads but most of their feathers are out. One of the three is very friendly and likes to be pet and held. Kinda cute. I’ll get pictures later, just figured I’d give y’all an update while I was thinking about it! Hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks for the update! Sorry some didn't make it. Low humidity and or opening the incubator during the pipping stage will cause shrink wrapping. Great to hear the others are doing so well!! :) Enjoy your babies!!

D05561D2-023C-4385-990A-B93D57ABC5C6.jpeg
BBABA9C5-14EF-4B5A-8BB0-610811A86C70.jpeg
0D0BBF7D-5E31-4DEE-BB56-83D6629F967F.jpeg
2BEEE089-6EF7-4FFA-9DBA-B18557860FA3.jpeg
9D843700-E3BB-4038-8256-5755F10DCDBD.jpeg
Here are the babies!! Numbered from hatched first to last. #1 Does not like to be handled at all! He runs like crazy when I come up and waits til I close the door to come for food... #2 Isn’t quite sure yet. It will come up but if I reach for it it will run. #3 is the friendliest. He comes running right up to the door when I come out. Isn’t interested in food, only being pet and held. I literally have to hold him back while I close the door so he doesn’t run out. He’s so cool! Really hoping for no more roos. If anyone can tell that’d be great!

View attachment 1977686 View attachment 1977687 View attachment 1977688 View attachment 1977689 View attachment 1977690 Here are the babies!! Numbered from hatched first to last. #1 Does not like to be handled at all! He runs like crazy when I come up and waits til I close the door to come for food... #2 Isn’t quite sure yet. It will come up but if I reach for it it will run. #3 is the friendliest. He comes running right up to the door when I come out. Isn’t interested in food, only being pet and held. I literally have to hold him back while I close the door so he doesn’t run out. He’s so cool! Really hoping for no more roos. If anyone can tell that’d be great!

Cute birds! You might post pics in our What Breed and Gender forums for more help. :)

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/what-breed-or-gender-is-this.15/

D431BD5D-6970-47E7-9BFF-2D50666E470E.jpeg
1B7BEE2F-D6EE-44A7-B722-13AD11E769EF.jpeg
43DC734D-C5C3-4722-8E69-0D475CBE14CE.jpeg
64755583-F7C6-4839-8B20-E1EC03EE3513.jpeg
I have been debating on when I should let the chicks and momma out with the other two. Well, today is the day. So I did it. I think this has been such an easy transition due to the fact they have been able to see each other since the chicks were about 5 days old. That’s when I put them outside locked in the coop but completely visible to dad and the other hen. After I let them out, about 10 mins or so the other hen started trying to peck at one on the babies and momma hen was quick to put her in her place. Dad is doing really well with them. Everyday he would stand guard on which ever side the chicks were at in the coop. So I was pretty confident he would be okay with them. I’m so excited they’re all together and doing good.

View attachment 1987343 View attachment 1987344 View attachment 1987345 View attachment 1987346 I have been debating on when I should let the chicks and momma out with the other two. Well, today is the day. So I did it. I think this has been such an easy transition due to the fact they have been able to see each other since the chicks were about 5 days old. That’s when I put them outside locked in the coop but completely visible to dad and the other hen. After I let them out, about 10 mins or so the other hen started trying to peck at one on the babies and momma hen was quick to put her in her place. Dad is doing really well with them. Everyday he would stand guard on which ever side the chicks were at in the coop. So I was pretty confident he would be okay with them. I’m so excited they’re all together and doing good.
That is so great! It's nice when it works out so easily!:yesss:

That is so great! It's nice when it works out so easily!:yesss:
Absolutely! This was the easiest it’s ever been! If we hatch anymore along the way, we’ll be doing it like this. Pretty impressed with my roo today! He is such a turd to his humans but is definitely taking on the daddy role quite nicely. The two hens got into it again after one pecked a chick again and Dominic quickly got in between them to break it up. Pretty cool. I’d never seen that before with my chickens.

Back
Top Bottom