1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicks - He looks like a vulcher...Picture Heavy

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tls759, May 10, 2009.

1. tls759

tls759 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Molalla, Oregon
    They're about 3 weeks old, what we think is a rooster is getting really scraggly and looks like a vulcher [​IMG] Any ideas on breeds, age, roo or hen?
    They came from the asst. banty bin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MikasGirl

MikasGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2009
    Coos Bay, OR
    Whatever they are, they are very cute!![​IMG] I think they are all pullets though.. Not sure.

3. fancyfowl4ever

fancyfowl4ever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    Cranbrook, BC, Canada
    The top 2 pics would be a D'Uccle Bantam, a Mille Fleur coloured one by the looks of it.
    Too early to tell if hen or roo but my guess would be hen.

Black Old English Game bantam on chick#2, I will dare and say pullet on that one too(my OEGB cockerels usually get their combs early but there are some tricksters that look like your until they are 8 weeks old and then turn roo).

Last chick also is a Mille fleur D'Uccle Bantam, also pullet(is it the same one as pic 1 and 2?).

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  4. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    The first chick looks like a Golden Sebright. I dont know the other. Good luck! Their very pretty chicks. [​IMG]

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Sebrights do not have feathers on their legs. I agree with D'Uccle Bantam.

6. chickenguysmom

chickenguysmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Agreed on the Mille Fluer d'Uccles for first and last.

7. tls759

tls759 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Molalla, Oregon
    Thank You! The 1st and last one are the same, my picture order got messed up, sorry. We think it's a hen and thought she was a d'uccle millie fleur!

The other 2 pictures are also the same chick, OEGB is a great guess, but we think it's a rooster by the way he acts and he has a small comb. He's much bigger than the other chick that has the same coloring.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by