Chicks Head Pecked! Please help!

Blu-Kote is an antiseptic/antifungal which is purple blue to stain skin blue so the chickens won't peck at a red place. I'm sorry to hear that she is worse. Dip her beak in some water a few times, and offer her some scrambled chopped eggs. If you can get some PolyViSol baby vitamins tomorrow, you can give a drop or two each day. Her eye may have been pecked too. Do you think she misses the others?

I did dip her beak and she drank a little of water. I already had some poly Vi sol. I gave her a few drop straight from the dropper and mixed some in her water for her overnight. I tried giving her some yogurt and she had no interest in it. I took her out next to pen where the other chicks are and she showed no interest in them whatsoever. But when i tried putting her back yesterday they just went back after her..So I held her for while. She liked that. I was thinking her eye could have been peck as well so I haven't worried quite as much about the eye yet. I was going to let her rest for a little bit. I will try the scrambled eggs and she if she eats it.

Thanks for the info about the Blu-kote. I'm going on vacation Saturday so want to take care of this right away.

Sorry, Mercy Me about your girl. Although I really don't know anything, I did think about putting my roo in a small dog pen in the coop just to protect him and so he wouldn't be lonely.

So we can give them baby vitamins?? Can learn so much from this website.

Thanks,

I did try leaving her out at first and she was just going crazy! I was also afraid of fly and gnats from keeping her in a cage outside. I just put a stuffed animal in there with her and she climbed on top of it and is now fast asleep. I also gave her a mirror to see of that helps. I sure hope she gets better soon!!!!

Back
Top Bottom