Chicks keep scaring me!

babyrnlc

Songster
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
Tulsa, Ok
These chicks keep scaring me. We had one out on a towel. It was rolling around on the town and would not walk on its feet. I thought, oh no, something is wrong. I pick it up and it perches fine on me and then walks on the side of the chair. I put it back on the towel and it starts doing it again, then I realize it was "dust bathing" on the towel lol!

They are so funny! I am used to the dead chick look in the brooder when they are sleeping. Now they have to fake spraddle leg on me!

nurseronda

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 21, 2011
Tucson
I'm brand new to chicks and I totally can relate to the scare they send when flopping down to rest, they look dead. I keep checking on them to see if they are breathing.

noodleroo

Snuggles with Chickens
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Rockport, Tx
I'm right there with you; I came home from lunch the other day and one of my grown hens was on her side in the yard with her legs stretched out in 'rubber chicken' form. I thought riggamortis had already set in... but no, she was just streched out in the sun...little stinker...

ChickadeeMom

Chirping
8 Years
Jan 30, 2011
West Virginia
my chicks all do the rubber chicken in my brooder....it freaked me out the first few times now its normal and i get to laugh at everyone else who freaks out when my fuzzy butts do it.

Rubyegg

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 16, 2011
Winter Haven, FL
Mine do the "Rubber Chicken" thing too and they scared me half to death the first time I saw it. At almost 3 weeks now the newest thing they do is trying to fall asleep on the perches like 'Big Girls'. Theyre heads droop....down, down, wobble a bit........down an half an inch further, down...........Cripes! I fell off! This is cheaper than an aquarium!
lol.png

Top Bottom