Chicks Mum

cafafwhisp

Chirping
Nov 14, 2020
Hey everyone,
So my broody hen hatched 5 pullets and is doing a great job teaching them. I'm just a little concerned she is getting all the nutrition she needs from the chick crumb, her comb and wattle are looking a bit pale and just wanted to know if I can give them access to more viriety of scraps now they are nearly 6 weeks old?

Greens, carrot peelings etc

Thanks for your knowledge and support

Hey everyone,
So my broody hen hatched 5 pullets and is doing a great job teaching them. I'm just a little concerned she is getting all the nutrition she needs from the chick crumb, her comb and wattle are looking a bit pale and just wanted to know if I can give them access to more viriety of scraps now they are nearly 6 weeks old?

Greens, carrot peelings etc

Thanks for your knowledge and support
You Can absolutely give them other food now that they’re 6 weeks. They should be pretty resistant to coccidiosis, if you decide to take them outside. Just do remember that their diet have to still be mostly crumbs and not that much other food😊
My chicks love corn,cucumber and watermelon on hot days they also just love to scratch and eat grass when they are outside.
If your chicks are not outside yet I would recommend giving them grit with the food but if they have access to going outside I wouldn’t worry as they will get grit from the dirt😊

Back
Top Bottom