chicks not at post office!

joanm

Songster
12 Years
May 13, 2007
My chicks were supposed to be at the post office this morning. (they were not) I ordered them from mypetchicken.com in NJ. They called me last week to let me know when the chicks would ship and I asked her where they were being shipped from and she said Ohio....? Does anyone out there have a successful story from MPC?
hmm.png

I orded mine 2 weeks ago and mine where to be at post office this morning too. They didn't show so I guess they will be in tomorrow morning. I was really hoping for today that way they wasn't going to be two days in the box. I hope mine are all ok. I only ordered 7 this time. I also used mypetchicken.com.

When I ordered from mypetchicken, they were not on the 6am delivery truck, but WERE on the 12:30 delivery truck! (Mail that would be delivered tomorrow, if it were regular mail). So check in, we are in CA, so from Ohio it takes a day and a half. Good luck!

Chicks can survive for 3 days w/o food and water due to their yolk sac. They do get stressed though and normally orders come in batches of 25 so they can keep warm in the box. My pet chicken charges like 25 bucks for a heat pad to be included.

thanks! - I only ordered three, now I wish I would have ordered more, maybe for a better survival rate?

Well, personally, I would just go ahead and order 25 from a big hatchery because then you can pick and choose which birds you want to keep and just sell the rest. I use craigslist to sell excess birds. It might even cost less too if you got 25 from a regular hatchery as you don't have to pay their crazy packing and shipping prices with heat pad. And if you did have any losses, which does occur with shipped chicks, you won't be left with just one or two.

Just my opinion on shipping birds.

Call mypetchicken.com to see where they're at. I thought my chicks which I ordered from Stromberg's were going to come Monday and when they didn't, called Stromberg's who told me they were shipping Mon and should arrive today. They did-at 5:30 a.m!
Good luck with your chicks!

I ordered 25 chicks from Murray McMurray in Iowa, to get the 8 that I wanted. Had no trouble at all selling the extras - used Craig's list. They came the day they were supposed to come but the post office was closed for Presidents' Day! I worried all weekend about them, but they were fine when I picked them up at 8:00am Tuesday. Too cute and happy to get into their new home. I stuck their little beaks into the water as I lifted each one out of the box. They all began to eat and drink immediately. There was no heat pad and the shipping cost was less than I have paid to have a pair of jeans shipped! The total cost came to $3.75 each (some were priced higher than others; that was the average.)

We are so enjoying these little creatures and are they ever growing - and eating and pooping! They come to our voices, seem happy for company and are just fascinating to watch.

This has been a wonderful adventure so far. I am hosting a "Meet the Peeps" drop-in this Sunday afternoon for all our friends who have shown an interest in the chicks and my finally completed coop (built from 10 recycled hospital doors.) I intend to post pictures one of these days - I am really quite pleased with the results. Now that the coop is done, I hope to have more time to chat with all of you. Thanks, Kay:jumpy

Back
Top Bottom