Chicks on e+?

Meanwhile, I got hold of a pile wyandotte bantam. She has a salmon breast, and I was told she is e+/e+. I was thinking of using her in the crele project too, knowing I only have a 25% chance of having a non-white hen.
20181005_182856.jpg

Last edited:
Meanwhile, I got hold of a pile wyandotte bantam. She has a salmon breast, and I was told she is e+/e+. I was thinking of using her in the crele project to, knowing I only have a 25% chance of having a non-white hen.View attachment 1687719
Please post pic of the entire hen!, it depends of she is actually homozygous dominant white(I/I) but most breeders keep them in the heterozygous form(I/i+) to preserve the rich colors, as homozygous white tend to wash out the color too much, so chances are that she is actually I/i+, giving your 50% chance of Crele and 50% white Crele

So, it would be a good idea to add her to the flock? She would produce 100% e+/e+ chicks (if my rooster is also e+/e+) and I would have a 50% chance for real crele.
What would the other 50%, crele with one dose of dominant white, look like? Any pics of "white crele"?

So, it would be a good idea to add her to the flock? She would produce 100% e+/e+ chicks (if my rooster is also e+/e+) and I would have a 50% chance for real crele.
What would the other 50%, crele with one dose of dominant white, look like? Any pics of "white crele"?
50% real Crele, but only the females and 50% of them will be white Crele! I don't have any pics of them.

the roosters will only have one copy of the barring gene.

Your project is very similar to the Wybar project going on in the USA, the project is trying to recreate the autosexing Wybar(Silver and Gold), they are based on Silver/Gold Laced Wyandottes with the sex linked barring gene.

Wybar Thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wybar-thread.859770/page-2

Silver Wybar bantam roo

Some Gold based Wybar bantams
1.jpg

2.jpg

Last edited:
So, these are the chicks I believe to be hens at 4 weeks. Is it turning out alright? Are these the salmon coloured breasts typical of the e+ type?
20190325_170032.jpg
20190325_165849.jpg
20190323_182326.jpg

Back
Top Bottom