Chicks on New Roost - Pic

heybarb

Songster
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
North Carolina
So I added a 3rd roost in our coop, up high - not that I thought they needed it, but it would give them a little more space to spread out....so here's what happened:

ALL 10 picked the top roost...there was definitely so pecking going on as they got settled in...I wonder how long they will actually stay like that? I love little Maizie squished in between a White Leghorn (Millie) and a Tetra Tint (Melody).

So I added a 3rd roost in our coop, up high - not that I thought they needed it, but it would give them a little more space to spread out....so here's what happened:

ALL 10 picked the top roost...there was definitely so pecking going on as they got settled in...I wonder how long they will actually stay like that? I love little Maizie squished in between a White Leghorn (Millie) and a Tetra Tint (Melody).
There is something very sweet and very funny at the same time about this picture. I love it! Maizie looks perfect right in the middle there.

I also find it really funny that the roosters are on the ends! Like when we were kids we always yelled "I get the window" for the long car rides, this is almost the same thing..."I get the wall." It still makes me laugh when I look at this picture!!

Love it! What a great picture! This also answers one of my questions about the already built in roosts in an old chicken coop that we refurbished - we were wondering if they were too high, but judging by your picture, they can get up there!

that is absolutely hysterical!
lau.gif
And adorable.

Back
Top Bottom