Chicks pip and then stop

DancesWithChickens

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 11, 2009
Rossville, Ga
My first hatch one of the chicks pip and then stop and did nothing else, it had zipped some of the way around the egg and just stop, second batch one of them pip and then stop, what went wrong. What did i do wrong for this to happen. It was too late when i realized it,
sad.png

thanks for any help

Sounds like you had some incubator regulator problems. Maybe humidity? GO TO GOOGLE type in "why are my chicks not hatching". The first article that pops up is an article from msu cares.come. It will explain what is happening. Also, if you want more responces, post your question during the day. Good luck.

1 chick out of how many and did you open the bator? It's actually uncommon to get every chick to hatch out. There could be something wrong with them but often it's a humidity issue. With long or large hatches in small incubators it's difficult to keep the humidity stable the whole time so the odds are higher of losing one to drowning or drying out. Opening the bator to remove hatched chicks will make the humidity drop and may dry out any chicks in process of hatching.

Back
Top Bottom