Chicks really sick

Gifty

Hatching
Jan 12, 2022
We had one 6 week old chick get sick a few days ago and she sadly died before we could figure out what was erong. I noticed that she had a pale comb, was not eating or drinking and kept her head down and feathers withdrawn as if she was cold, she also had watery yellow poop and a small sore on her back. She also kept falling asleep on her feet as well.

It's been two days and I noticed that some of the other chicks also had pale combs. Any ideas as to what this could be and how it can be treated!

What do they eat and drink? How are they housed? What does their poops look like.
The other chicks have normal poop, while the sick one had watery yellowish poop. We have a coop that is big enough for all of them and has a sandy floor. I feed them a chiick feed that was recommended by a friend of mine that has sufficient protein for a growing chick and their water is changed on a daily basis.

What do they eat and drink? How are they housed? What does their poops look like.
Someone suggested that it might be coccidiosis and I took precautionary measures and put corid in their drinking water. Do you think that's what it is?I'm worried it might be wrong and could be something else entirely

Someone suggested that it might be coccidiosis and I took precautionary measures and put corid in their drinking water. Do you think that's what it is?I'm worried it might be wrong and could be something else entirely
Could they be cold? or too warm? She could have also ingested too much sand. I would not worry too much or the others aren't letting her eat.

It has been really hot here for the last week so maybe that's what it is. I'm not sure about the sand but it is a possibility. I'll keep checking up on them to make sure everyone is eating enough.

Thanks for the suggestions

What dosage of Corid are you giving? Coccidiosis is most common at that age, and symptoms are lethargy or sleepiness, not eating, standing puffed up or hunched, and runny poops with mucus or sometimes blood. I would give 2 tsp of the liquid Corid or 1.5 tsp of the powder per gallon of water for 5-7 days.

It's corid 20% and I have been giving 1.5tsp to a gallon. I replaced all their drinking water with it and today would be the 4th day their on it. They seem to still be active save for a few pale combs but their all eating and drinking

Back
Top Bottom