Chicks Squatting?

jessicagoddard

Chirping
May 14, 2020
I have 2 chicks who are almost four weeks old, and I noticed one of them squat when I went to pet her, like a hen does when she submits to a rooster. The chick put her wings out and everything, and I have never seen this before in a chick. I did not pet her when she did this, and she squawked in a discomfort tone. She hasn’t been near any roosters, or my adult hens. I’m not sure why she did this. This isn’t frequent, and only happened twice so far. She isn’t scared of me or her buddy, so I don’t know what encouraged this behavior. Just wanted to post and check if this is normal. She acts just fine by the way, just a strange behavior.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    659.5 KB · Views: 21
I have 2 chicks who are almost four weeks old, and I noticed one of them squat when I went to pet her, like a hen does when she submits to a rooster. The chick put her wings out and everything, and I have never seen this before in a chick. I did not pet her when she did this, and she squawked in a discomfort tone. She hasn’t been near any roosters, or my adult hens. I’m not sure why she did this. This isn’t frequent, and only happened twice so far. She isn’t scared of me or her buddy, so I don’t know what encouraged this behavior. Just wanted to post and check if this is normal. She acts just fine by the way, just a strange behavior.
This is not squatting like a mature hen. She’s just ducking away from your hand.

its a defiante girl if it squats :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom