Chicks wing feathers coming in odd.

SummerTheAnimalGirl

✝️Christ is everything!
Premium Feather Member
Apr 7, 2022
Hello! One of my 6 day old chicks has started to grow in wing feathers, but they are coming in a little weird. They stick straight out. Is this something to be concerned about? She seems super healthy, active, friendly, eats drinks plays. She seems super normal! So should I be concerned? I appreciate your help so much, Thank you!

96D90B84-0783-44BD-8D66-82E5FE80FC01.jpeg

It looks like angel wings.... Usually when you give a certain amount of food for too long or when they don't have the right nutrition... You can fix it early on with a wrap to hold it in place and to develop right. They could've been deformed as well

Last edited:
Thank you so much for you help! Ooh, gotcha. Is it bad? Is there any reason for concern? She is currently just on Chick starter feed, and occasionally I give them a piece of sod, so they eat the grass. Should I supplement her with Scrambled eggs, or maybe some egg yolk if she is not getting the right nutrients? Her wings are flat against her body, it is just the feathers that stick out. Is it ok if I don’t wrap them and just let it be? Again, thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for you help! Ooh, gotcha. Is it bad? Is there any reason for concern? She is currently just on Chick starter feed, and occasionally I give them a piece of sod, so they eat the grass. Should I supplement her with Scrambled eggs, or maybe some egg yolk if she is not getting the right nutrients? Her wings are flat against her body, it is just the feathers that stick out. Is it ok if I don’t wrap them and just let it be? Again, thanks so much for the help! I really appreciate it.
It definitely can be bad as they can't get away quickly if a predator comes near, it can be painful, they may become unsteady, unprotected, and the bird grows quicker than the wings. the wings actually twist and turn outward which is especially painful, which can become permanent. Fixing it when their young will help them grow back in place. Giving her some scrambled eggs or egg yolk will be good for her and can help her! Use poultry wrapping on her wing either if she was born with it or if it happens due to lack of nutrition or her body not being able to keep it. Hope that helps! :wee

It definitely can be bad as they can't get away quickly if a predator comes near, it can be painful, they may become unsteady, unprotected, and the bird grows quicker than the wings. the wings actually twist and turn outward which is especially painful, which can become permanent. Fixing it when their young will help them grow back in place. Giving her some scrambled eggs or egg yolk will be good for her and can help her! Use poultry wrapping on her wing either if she was born with it or if it happens due to lack of nutrition or her body not being able to keep it. Hope that helps! :wee
Thank you so much for your help! I really appreciate it. I have been giving her some scrambled eggs, and I will wrap her wings! Do you think it would be ok to wait about a week, so she could get a little older, before I wrapped her?

Back
Top Bottom