chicks with ducks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by TheChickMan, Mar 12, 2012.

1. TheChickMan

TheChickMan Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2012
    i bought 8 baby chicks and my younger brother bought a duck. We are keeping them in the same 2x2 brooder and the duck seems ok so far, will this relationship last. and can they eat the same thing as chickens forever

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  2. GreatPyrLover

GreatPyrLover Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC
    You are going to hear different views on this...I got two pekins when they were babies and I had baby chicks...I kept them in the same brooder and also fed them the same food...they are now all grown up and still love together and eat the same food...its going to be something that you are just gonna have to try out and see what works best for you...some people dont like the mess of the ducks with their chickens...I just dont allow mine to have water in the coop, they go in there at night to sleep and thats it....they free range all day...even being loose they still stay close together [​IMG] Just try it and see if you like them together, if not then seperate...I wouldnt have just one duck alone though. [​IMG]

3. sherylreno

sherylreno Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Reno, Nevada
    My chickens and ducks are together too. I feed them all flockraiser. I have 2 baby chicks right now and my ducklings will be hatching Sunday. I got the 2 chicks on Saturday and will putting the ducklings with them. They are eating flockraiser right now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by