Chicks with eye shut, ear swollen, what should be adecuate treatment?

It helps with it, it makes sure the eye wont swell shut, MG is a disorder that the chicken is born with, but in order to care for it, you have to clean it up
No you are not correct.
Please scroll up and read the link above about what that disease is.

Besides the few vaccines, she claims she administers to the birds, I couldn't find any reading that suggests she is NPIP certified, which you can read about in the link below, but is a plan to help prevent the spread of viral diseases in poultry. With chicks, specifically, I tend not to buy from any breeders that aren't NPIP certified. In the future, that's something you may consider.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou...ide/Poultry/National-Poultry-Improvement-Plan

When you have time, make sure to check inside her mouth, and ears.
thank you for the info! I will definently look for that in the future. My other chicks and rooster have been gifted as well, not from her, and are doing beautifully This is a first for me. I will check on them in the morning an update with pictures. I'm deeply saddened about this. I loved them the moment I got them, my husband says I babied them too much, and which everyone that passed I was so sad thinking it was something I was doing.

Back
Top Bottom