Chicks with eye shut, ear swollen, what should be adecuate treatment?

This makes me sicker than sick.
I can't count the number of times people have bought sick birds from her.

Thanks.
OMG! this is absolutely horrifying! I'm grateful I didnt purchase any chicks from her, at some point I wa looking into getting some brahmas, but decided not to yet. I actually just called my sister to let her know. She is angry they would do this.

Besides the few vaccines, she claims she administers to the birds, I couldn't find any reading that suggests she is NPIP certified, which you can read about in the link below, but is a plan to help prevent the spread of viral diseases in poultry. With chicks, specifically, I tend not to buy from any breeders that aren't NPIP certified. In the future, that's something you may consider.

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ou...ide/Poultry/National-Poultry-Improvement-Plan

When you have time, make sure to check inside her mouth, and ears.
thank you for the info! I will definently look for that in the future. My other chicks and rooster have been gifted as well, not from her, and are doing beautifully This is a first for me. I will check on them in the morning an update with pictures. I'm deeply saddened about this. I loved them the moment I got them, my husband says I babied them too much, and which everyone that passed I was so sad thinking it was something I was doing.

Back
Top Bottom