Chicks with mild CRD or bronchitis keep or cull?

Cara83

Songster
Sep 9, 2021
I got 5x day olds almost a month ago within a week one started sneezing constantly I thought it was the bedding.
I culled one that was a roo and the worst of them, and took the rest to the vet with the occasional sneeze no other symptoms.
The vet said very mild CRD and put the remaining chicks on antibiotics, I have been doing a lot of research and read it could be infectious bronchitis as they display no other symptoms.
I have two older girls why I got chicks to expand the little backyard flock, the vet said I'd have to wait until the chicks were healthy enough to be introduced to my girls, yet now I read people kill them all. I really don't want to kill all these chicks 😩

Attachments

• received_218052594483121.jpeg
    received_218052594483121.jpeg
    766 KB · Views: 26
I got 5x day olds almost a month ago within a week one started sneezing constantly I thought it was the bedding.
I culled one that was a roo and the worst of them, and took the rest to the vet with the occasional sneeze no other symptoms.
The vet said very mild CRD and put the remaining chicks on antibiotics, I have been doing a lot of research and read it could be infectious bronchitis as they display no other symptoms.
I have two older girls why I got chicks to expand the little backyard flock, the vet said I'd have to wait until the chicks were healthy enough to be introduced to my girls, yet now I read people kill them all. I really don't want to kill all these chicks 😩
If the vet said to put them on antibiotics, I would. As long as it will not kill them and as long as they are comfortable and not suffering, I'd say keep them.

Back
Top Bottom