Chicks with swelling all over the face, help

captaincock

In the Brooder
May 9, 2021
I've never encountered this before. I tried to do some research and apparently it has something to do with respiratory? Tried some remedies like clove, nux vomica but they don't seem to work. The weird thing is that these chicks don't seem to be affected by it, they just eat and run around like a normal healthy chicks. Can anyone ID and suggest a treatment? I have no access to poultry vet here, what should I do?

*Sorry for my english, i'm not a native speaker
IMG_20210510_114322.jpg

This looks like Fowl Pox, there is a version called "wet pox" there is not much to do other than to let it run its course. This variety, you should check to make sure the mouth is not obstructed and make sure the chick is not under any more stress.
Looks rough but it does clear up.
If the pustules ooze or scab you can clean them with a qtip and dilute iodine solution.

Poor babes, that's rough. :hugs

This looks like Fowl Pox, there is a version called "wet pox" there is not much to do other than to let it run its course. This variety, you should check to make sure the mouth is not obstructed and make sure the chick is not under any more stress.
Looks rough but it does clear up.
If the pustules ooze or scab you can clean them with a qtip and dilute iodine solution.

Poor babes, that's rough. :hugs
Thank you, I just googled fowl pox and I think that's correct, apparently there is no cure:(

Back
Top Bottom