Chicks with twisted feathers. Malabsorption syndrome?

lordvoldemort

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 3, 2010
Lakeland
Ok, so I thought I had a rare frizzle d'uccle chick until I noticed my OEG bantam chick had twisted feathers on the end of his wings. Their feathers are growing all weird and they are kind of stunted looking (compared to the ones without twisted feathers). So my question is, does this sound like malabsorption syndrome? I thought I had been battling coccidia, medicated them and stopped losing chicks. They are still having diarrhea (minus the blood) and it as an orangey-brown color. They have been super slow to feather. I have been having a problem with my adult chickens having respiratory problems. I treated with Duramycin-10 and it didn't help at all. I am considering the possibility that they may have Asperigillosis and this is also a mycotoxin which can cause malabsorption syndrom. My pen had been really muddy and when it dried up is when they started having respiratory problems. This has been going on since August. If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to treat anymore with the antibiotics since they aren't working. They also have had fowl pox but the scabs are long gone.

Back
Top Bottom