Chikens not laying

Moges amha

Songster
Dec 24, 2020
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Hi, well i have around 520 chickens and only more or less 210 of them are laying. They are 27 weeks old and its been a month and a half since dey start to lay.. why are the rest of the chickens not laying ?? And is it true that if they get to 7 months and haven started laying , it is probably that dey will nvr lay again ??

That doesn’t mean they will though... every hen is different. Be patient.
This^
The problem with the phrase “supposed to”, is that animals can’t read calendars or breed descriptions... so they mature when they mature.

Chances are that the local wisdom in your part of the world that says that if they don’t lay by a certain age they won’t ever lay— really is trying to get at the fact that if the birds aren’t paying their keep by a certain point, then it’s better for the farmer to make a meal of the chicken than to keep feeding one that won’t give enough back to make it worth while.

This^
The problem with the phrase “supposed to”, is that animals can’t read calendars or breed descriptions... so they mature when they mature.

Chances are that the local wisdom in your part of the world that says that if they don’t lay by a certain age they won’t ever lay— really is trying to get at the fact that if the birds aren’t paying their keep by a certain point, then it’s better for the farmer to make a meal of the chicken than to keep feeding one that won’t give enough back to make it worth while.
What your saying is very logical but how i heard it was like scientificly they wont lay eggs after 7 months. Dats what i wanted to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom