Chilean Tinamou import

Apr 17, 2018
South East, Tennessee
Hello All!
I have a Tinamou import coming in and wanted to know if there are other breeders in the united states? If so, Have you had any luck with artificial incubation? What settings have you used and has your hatch rate been well? I am familiar with their native plant species and their climate so that is not an issue but I am looking for pointers. They'll be here in august. I have poop coming in with them as well.
Thank you!
Marissa

Hello All!
I have a Tinamou import coming in and wanted to know if there are other breeders in the united states? If so, Have you had any luck with artificial incubation? What settings have you used and has your hatch rate been well? I am familiar with their native plant species and their climate so that is not an issue but I am looking for pointers. They'll be here in august. I have poop coming in with them as well.
Thank you!
Marissa
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tinamous.836602/

That is amazing that you got imports! How did you do it? I've been looking into it and it seems to be quite the process. Please tell me how it goes, and if you ever have chicks please let me know I would love to buy some from you. :D

Hello All!
Thank you!
Marissa
Hi Marissa
how did it go with the tinamou?

'Tinamous have traditionally been regarded as the sister group of the flightless ratites, but recent work places them well within the ratite radiation . . . '
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinamou

Oooh! What fun.
There are only five ratites. It's illegal (I understand) to own one type: kiwis. There used to be at least one member here who had captive cassowaries. But we've never had an observer of wild cassowaries. We've had little information on rheas (and none from observers of wild rheas). We have lots of captive emu owners. But only ever observations of wild emus of one sub-species. So how nice it would be to have insights into another 'ratite.'
Supreme Emu

Back
Top Bottom