Chimera rooster

Tonyroo

Free Ranging
Mar 29, 2020
N. California
Screenshot_20221228_164722_Edge.jpg

I was looking up genetic traits and upon this.

View attachment 3360840

I have seen pictures of this chicken before (but not that picture). Note that on one side the waddle is longer? Supposedly it's both a hen and a rooster. I've never done study on the bird, but it's an interesting sight.

Bilateral gynandromorph! They are more common in nature than people realize, you will just typically never know unless the species has dramatic enough dimorphism. The most common examples seen/reported on by people are from things like red cardinals and several especially dramatic species of butterfly.

View attachment 3360840

This is very interesting. I have a chick right now that I suspect may be a chimera. What I am noticing specifically with this rooster is the very noticeable difference in size between the two halves. Reason being is because when I look at my chick here I thought it was looking like one side was larger then the other. Was thinking it might just be me...but now......

This is very interesting. I have a chick right now that I suspect may be a chimera. What I am noticing specifically with this rooster is the very noticeable difference in size between the two halves. Reason being is because when I look at my chick here I thought it was looking like one side was larger then the other. Was thinking it might just be me...but now......
Check out @uisceros little Nemo 🥰

Back
Top Bottom