Chinese Crested pup: the newest addition :)

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Carole AM, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Here is our new Chinese Crested pup-- we are still working on names....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  2. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Too cute! How old? In that last pic his hair looks really silky! Are going to shave his face? I keep my girl's face and ears shaved, I tried to let her ear hair grow out over the winter, but I just couldn't stand it and ended up cutting it, maybe I'll try again next winter. I wish I could help on names, but nothing is coming to mind right off, he looks happy in his new home!

3. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    So very cute! We had a lot come through my vet clinic when I worked there. Congrats!
    Oh, I'm no help with names, as mine are all very odd. [​IMG]

4. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Sorry posted double and couldn't figure out how to delete it!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2008
  5. ChickenFanaticAB

ChickenFanaticAB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2007
    GA
    He's a cutie for sure! I think he looks like a Louie, that's just what came to me.

6. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    I LOVE it! I think they are so cute. My friend has two of them and they are the weirdest lookin things, but they are adorable. One of the "So ugly its cute" things I guess. [​IMG]

7. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    Oh so cute Carole! We almost got a powderpuff crested. They are so sweet [​IMG]

8. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    Thanks everyone! He sure has adjusted well, at home. Still shy to strangers. He is 6 months old.

I don't think I'll shave him--at least till he is all grown out. Do you think he'll grow more on his ears? Or anywhere? LOL I didn't realize you shaved the powderpuffs naked! (for show anyways!) Do you have problems with their teeth?

9. snugglepup

snugglepup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2007
    Creedmoor, NC
    The powderpuffs are not completely shaved for shows. They are usually just trimmed around their faces and feet to clean them up. The hairless (like you have) are usually shaved on the body, to remove stray hairs, and trimmed on the face and feet.

10. stilwellchick

stilwellchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2007
    Stilwell, KS
    Cute little guy. My friend makes custom coats and collars and donates the profits for charity. Here is her link if you need some clothes to help him to stay warm: http://www.dogcollarsbymmdesigns.com/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by