chipmunk babies

halfwaynowhere

Songster
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
La Puente, CA
I've discovered an overwhelming variety of breeds hatch out with chipmunk coloring. From what my mom had been told, and then passed to me, chicks that looked like that were araucanas. So we ended up with one that I know is not an EE. yellow legs. I've pretty much decided to wait it out for awhile, see how she grows up, and I'm calling her a brown leghorn for now. My other "unknown chick" was mostly black, with some brown "striping" similar to the chipmunk stripes. I had originally assumed she was an EE, as well. As I'm watching her grow up and keep her yellow legs, and have noticed that her comb is completely different from the other 3 chicks, I've decided she might be a gold laced wyandotte (I hope! I love the coloring!).
Anyways, I'm veering off course from what I meant to be posting about. Can we compile a list of chicks that have this coloring, and some subtle differences to look out for to determine which is which?

Our Quail d'anver x Mille fleur d'uccle has major chipmunk stuff going on!
lol.png
It's the same color that welsummers come in, so they both look like chipmunk as chicks. Some of my mille fleur chicks have some stripes on their backs too ontop of their mink colored coats.

3-24006.jpg

That's the quail x mille fleur

Quote:
old english game=oeg and old english game bantams=oegb
silver or gold duckwing pheonix also.

others are-
anything partridge color!!

examples-
partridge silkies
partridge sizzles
partridge showgirls
partridge rocks

i'm tired of seeing partridge and the race stripes!!
barnie.gif

that's all i seem to hatch lately even when they r not supost to be that color and shipped in, uggg.
he.gif
i have a flock of partridge color don't need no more, rotfl.

Last edited:
I just hatched some Phoenix eggs that have the stripes just like those with a little white in there too, they have the eye liner looking stripes also. so cute!!

Back
Top Bottom