chipmunks

FrannyLW

Songster
5 Years
Aug 15, 2018
Central NJ
so the chipmunks are winning. Chicken food on one side, duck food on the other. Can't do much with the duck side but the chickens, guess its ok to just throw the food on the floor twice a day? I raise the feeder, the chipmunks get in and throw the food around. I take that feeder away and replaced with my old grandpa feeder, which means I have to re-train the chickens, and I found the chipmunk happilly swimming in the seed. (he took the metal barrier off the seed!)

I have this same problem! I only have 3 chickens so I’ve been only putting out a minimum amount of food at a time throughout the day so the chickens eat and the chipmunks have limited access. This wont work forever so I’m thinking one of those treadle feeders :idunno Other than sitting out there picking off each chipmunk it’s a losing battle

I have this same problem! I only have 3 chickens so I’ve been only putting out a minimum amount of food at a time throughout the day so the chickens eat and the chipmunks have limited access. This wont work forever so I’m thinking one of those treadle feeders :idunno Other than sitting out there picking off each chipmunk it’s a losing battle
I should add that our hens free range so they have access to bugs and plants as other food

I have one of those feeders. It worked with my original 3 hens. Then I got new ones and I had to retrain and that didn’t work out. So I took it away. So last week attempted to retrain again but for the next two weeks this feeder would be open. So the chipmunks are having a ball. I closed it up and feeding them by hand ( chickens not chipmunks) the feeder is there closed up but I might take away cause it doesn’t look like the original hens are using it.

Back
Top Bottom