Chloe's First 2021 Hatch-A-Long!

That’s awesome Josh...She is a cutie too !!

If you don’t mind me picking your brain a bit, I have read that hens should be 2yrs old before you attempt to hatch their eggs. Apparently that’s not 100% correct if you hatched from a pullet.

I’m asking about it because I have inherited my sons grown hens and also have pullets of my own that have started laying about a month ago. So, I’m guessing I can try a few pullet eggs also. Just curious if you’ve hatched eggs from pullets before and if that seemed to make a difference with the success rate?
I hatched my pullet eggs i actually just finished a hatch it was posted on BYC

It's a Austra White/BCM mix!
Don’t know why I’m now seeing this over 2 months later! Do you have a current pic? I’m trying dry hatching right now, I have 10 BCM eggs due to hatch next week. I’ve heard they’re hard to hatch so I’m crossing fingers and legs!!

Don’t know why I’m now seeing this over 2 months later! Do you have a current pic? I’m trying dry hatching right now, I have 10 BCM eggs due to hatch next week. I’ve heard they’re hard to hatch so I’m crossing fingers and legs!!
Sorry I don't! That was for one of my customers. I've never dry hatched before so keep me posted! My BCM's usually hatch 12-24 hours later. I don't know why this is but it's always the Marans and silkies that hatch later for me.

Sorry I don't! That was for one of my customers. I've never dry hatched before so keep me posted! My BCM's usually hatch 12-24 hours later. I don't know why this is but it's always the Marans and silkies that hatch later for me.
Tuesday morning is day 21, so I’m expecting Mon-Tues for chicks. I will update!

Oh gotcha! I have 17 silkies, 2 Olive Eggers, and 5 Black Copper Marans hatching on Wednesday.
That’s awesome!! I’m getting too excited haha. I was told to dry hatch BCM for best results. I hope this works out ok. I have the NR360 and my first hatch went great, maybe I didn’t need to dry hatch 🤷🏻‍♀️ We will see!! ... I want a Silkie!!

That’s awesome!! I’m getting too excited haha. I was told to dry hatch BCM for best results. I hope this works out ok. I have the NR360 and my first hatch went great, maybe I didn’t need to dry hatch 🤷🏻‍♀️ We will see!! ... I want a Silkie!!
Haha! I've never really heard of dry hatching. I'm assuming it's without water?

Haha! I've never really heard of dry hatching. I'm assuming it's without water?
Yes , until lockdown then bring humidity up. They started hatching last night. 2 BCM and the one EE I put in there so if no BCM hatched and EE did I would know it was probably due to me dry hatching incorrectly or something associated with the BCM.

Yes , until lockdown then bring humidity up. They started hatching last night. 2 BCM and the one EE I put in there so if no BCM hatched and EE did I would know it was probably due to me dry hatching incorrectly or something associated with the BCM.
Oh got it!

Back
Top Bottom