Chocolate colored chickens

Quote:
Depends, are you looking for dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate?

lau.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Sandy, just
love.gif
those chocolates, thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures.
big_smile.png
I have some bantam American chocolates that I have been working on for two years now, I agree - all of my chocolates are born with brown beaks and legs. That's how I tell who is who in the incubator before they are dry, the beaks are a dead giveaway!
tongue.png

I am working with my American project as I show so wanting to keep them small and close to the American SOP in hopes of bringing a couple out next year just for fun.
wink.png

These are some hatched just a few days ago
49849_dsc07091.jpg

I hatched these last night. One of my cockerels (Tiger), that I hatched last summer (sire is my known chocolate carrier) is producing now and his first chick to hatch appears to be chocolate. I also hatched a solid blue and a box full of other colors.

Some of the chocolate Serama chicks have matured, here are 2 of the pullets, a solid chocolate and chocolate mottled

A Serama chick hatched recently

And today, my first ever and possibly the first one ever hatched is a pullet hatched from my chocolate Araucana (large fowl) project pen. A double tufted/rumpless chocolate Araucana cross chick. I wasn't certain but was hopeful she was chocolate but took her outside into natural light with an obviously black hatch mate and it's clear she is chocolate.

Back
Top Bottom