Chocolate Columbian

Wishapup

Songster
7 Years
May 1, 2013
Canada
Has anyone ever had a chocolate Columbian chicken?

I used the chicken calculator and it seemed to work.

1st - Silver Columbian hen, black split to chocolate rooster - breeding 32+ chicks to get a chocolate patterned silver Columbian hen

2nd - Breed chocolate Columbian hen back to black/chocolate split rooster - breeding 32+ chicks to get a chocolate patterned Columbian rooster

3rd - Chocolate Columbian x Chocolate Columbian = 100% Chocolate Columbian offspring

Has this been done, or are the odds unrealistic?

Has anyone ever had a chocolate Columbian chicken?

I used the chicken calculator and it seemed to work.

1st - Silver Columbian hen, black split to chocolate rooster - breeding 32+ chicks to get a chocolate patterned silver Columbian hen

2nd - Breed chocolate Columbian hen back to black/chocolate split rooster - breeding 32+ chicks to get a chocolate patterned Columbian rooster

3rd - Chocolate Columbian x Chocolate Columbian = 100% Chocolate Columbian offspring

Has this been done, or are the odds unrealistic?

The Odds are Unrealistic for a Backyard Breeder..... BUT I can show you how you can make them work for you if you Really want a Chocolate Columbian Bird,

the Easiest way for you to get To Chocolate Columbian is.. to Breed a Chocolate partridge rooster(dont know how much are you willing to shell for one) to a Silver Columbian Pullet, the F1 Females will be Chocolate Buff Columbian and the Males will be Golden Columbian Split for chocolate, mate these rooster back to the Silver Columbian females and 50% of the F1 Females will be chocolate columbian(Buff and Silver columbian)

Now, as to Why would you want such a Pattern is beyond me, I just dont see them as a popular pattern

here this "Chocolate" Columbian Bird belongs to a The Calssroom at the Coop member named. Kimera

The Odds are Unrealistic for a Backyard Breeder..... BUT I can show you how you can make them work for you if you Really want a Chocolate Columbian Bird,

the Easiest way for you to get To Chocolate Columbian is.. to Breed a Chocolate partridge rooster(dont know how much are you willing to shell for one) to a Silver Columbian Pullet, the F1 Females will be Chocolate Buff Columbian and the Males will be Golden Columbian Split for chocolate, mate these rooster back to the Silver Columbian females and 50% of the F1 Females will be chocolate columbian(Buff and Silver columbian)

Now, as to Why would you want such a Pattern is beyond me, I just dont see them as a popular pattern

here this "Chocolate" Columbian Bird belongs to a The Calssroom at the Coop member named. Kimera

Don't plan to create a chocolate Columbian myself, just wondering what they might look like. Thanks for the image and information! Didn't know whether there was such a bird.

Beautiful - Chocolate Lakenvelders?
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom