Chocolate Lab

Smokehouse13

Songster
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Vevay,Indiana
Hi. I was wondering if anybody around S.E. Indiana has a A.K.C male Chocolate Lab. I am looking to possibly breed our A.K.C female Chocolate lab this summer. If you do,and you are interested p.m me or email. Thanks:) Here is my pretty girl:love
26237_75_018.jpg

I just wanted to let you know that you don't have to breed her to a chocolate to get chocolate puppies. The odds are the same no matter what color the parents. Unfortunately, there is still a good chance she won't have chocolate puppies, no matter what.

By the way, she is absolutely gorgeous. Is she an American or an English lab? I have a male yellow American lab that we are going to breed but he just turned a year old two days ago so I'm thinking it might be better to let him wait a bit yet.

You don't want to breed Choc. to Choc. I wanted to breed my female choc. lab to a choc. male so I contacted a breeder of quality duck dogs and asked her. She said you never, never, never breed Choc. to Choc. I ended up breeding her to one of my black males. I have 2 black males and 2 choc. females.

You should breed Choc to Black or Choc to Yellow.

We breed our yellow male to our adult black females. We get blacks, chocolates and yellows. Last litter we had 4 chocolates, 4 yellows and 3 blacks. We also have bred our black male to black female and have gotten blacks and yellows... no red factor.
Have another litter due in 3 weeks..... we have a waiting line of 17 hopeful owners already.

We named our female chocolate Molly also. Labs Rock!

When we bred our oldest choc. female to our black male, she had 10 pups. Only one was choc. My brother in Va. has her and a brother. The 2nd litter was 12. This time there was 4 Choc. and 8 black. We kept one Choc. female. Both females are spayed. I would like to have bred the young female to a yellow male, but didn't know anyone around here who had one. So we ended up getting her spayed.

I prefer the American myself because they don't have as many weight problems it seems. When it comes time to breed Buck, I am going to try to find another American to breed to because we plan on keeping one of his puppies.

Lol... yes they do... I love mine but they can certainly try your patience. lol... I'm suprised though. My year old male has been the worlds best puppy!! He very seldomly chews or digs. He has chewed up a couple pairs of shoes but he prefers paper and electrical tape (my fiance is a lineman so there are always rolls laying around). His chewing stage lasted maybe a month. Most people don't know that he is still a puppy. He's more well behaved than most adult labs lol... I don't know what I'd do without him.

Does anyone know when the best time to start breeding a male is? As Kevin's mom says, "He needs a girlfriend." Lol...

Last edited:
Just like others have said you can breed any colored male to her and still get chocolate pups. You can ALSO breed CHOC X CHOC...a breeder friend of ours does all the time and always ends up with mostly chocolate pups out of those batches...sometimes a few yellows or a stray black.
Good Luck with her!
big_smile.png

I wasn't per say looking to get just chocolate from her littering. I just didn't know if breeding her to other colors would be a + or - , I appreciate all the great info.
Labs do Rock!!!! We have had her since she was 7weeks and she is my baby. I have 5 kids but with her its like 6,lol. She is so well behaved.
Duckboatprincess I know on a female you should wait until they have turned 2 before you breed them, on a male I would think after they turn 1 year they could be a stud .

Oh okay. I didn't know for sure on the males. Buck just turned one on the 20th. We've had him since he was eight weeks but it's hard to remember what it was like without him. He's such a character.

We want to breed him but before we do that I want to get his hips certified.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom