Chocolate Orpingtons Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Jody, you've GOT to change the avatar now! It's freaking me out!!
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
You guys should import some L/F Chocs from this guy. That would be really cool. If only I had enough money to get some of these.

I just wanted to throw this out to everyone. As I can see in previous post there is some talk of birds being brought in illegally. I am working on a few things myself "not chocolate orps". When I spoke with officials at the USDA/APHIS, and they said they are stepping up enforcement efforts to crack down on a wave of illegal hatching egg imports that has resulted from the high value of exotic chickens. They said they intend to impose the full penalties on law breakers. The USDA has a Smuggling and Interdiction Trade Compliance Program, and investigators can fairly easily locate people who have illegally imported eggs. The penalties for an individual who illegally imports hatching eggs are a fine from $250,000 to $500,000 and up to five years in prison. Also, trying to blend illegally imported birds into the legal population won’t work. Inexpensive DNA testing can distinguish the legal from the illegal birds. I wish everyone importing legally the best of luck and all the ones bringing them in illegally the biggest fine.

ChooksChick , This is not Jody...

its HER WORST HALF
bun.gif
Charlie

burtonjon, yup good point..anybody in there right mind wants to do this legally.. illegals don't want to have to claim it as chicken addiction..
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I am organizing the list and will split folks up according to their closest import center. There are two folks, thus far, very interested and will be picking up in MI. One person would rather remain anonymous. That is fine. I will keep names a secret but, I will let everyone whom is importing know how many birds are being imported and by how many people.

I spoke with the import center today and was hoping for a group discount and ...no-go ... though he did say the price was $9 a day and not $20 a day.

The import center said we NEED a customs broker to work with us. ....That, they will pick up birds and deliver to QT facility. Im checking into that but, Im sure we can share cost. Apparently, it cannot be done any other way. It is for obvious security reasons.
roll.png

Actual prices so far:

Import Application: $141 (to be divided up per bird and shared by importers at each import center)
Vetting Fees: $51 for up to 5 birds
QT $9 per day per bird

Broker fees: ?
Shipping fees: ? I will get back on both.. in the works... but, they CAN be split up and shared and will be much cheaper than going at it alone

If we assume 10 people import 20 birds, then the APPROXIMATE price per bird would be:
$270 (app+vet+QT) + split brokerage fees and split transport. The breeder is looking into shipping and we can as well. I would assume $1,000 for shipping and $1,000 for broker.. giving you a grand total of $470 per bird for for expenses + bird cost which is available upon PM as prices vary.

Last edited:
After this you should get a job as campaign manager for Obama next election
he need the good organizer like you badly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom