Chocolate Orps have landed in the States!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are bidding on LF chocolate Orpingtons. Mine are bantams and are out of quarantine since last week. I was fortunate that one LF chocolate hen "slipped" into my flock of bantams. All my import birds so far originate also from Ramsley Orpingtons, they have fantastic quality. If everything goes well with the egg production, I will have young birds available during the summer period.

pips&peeps :

Quote:
Exactly, these birds aren't here yet and nothing has gone through quarantine. From what I understand AI is rearing it's head again in Asia too, anything could happen.

Greenfire will have them for $399.00 a pair this fall, don't know why someone would pay thousands more to get some a couple months earlier.

Greenfire will have the bantam orps....not the large fowl. once again...if someone is not ok with bidding on the birds before the quarantine period, they don't have to bid. The flocks are tested for a time period before they leave and in quarantine when they hit the states...... there is a long process to go through to import and export birds, there a lot of steps to follow, vet visits, and testing being done to the birds and flock.​

Last edited:
I don't want to ruin anybody's auction dear lady. I just think it's a little bit risky since the birds need to be tested here during quarantine. I hope from my heart that they will test negative. I don't want to ruin anybody's opportunity to bring these birds to the States because we need them here.

Quote:
How exciting - the larger girl.
ya.gif
Did you know the sneaky girl slipped in there or was it a surprise when you picked them up?

pips&peeps :

Radirevo, are your bantams a bit larger than the US version? From what I understand the UK bantams are much heavier.

I don't have any american bantams to compare with. I have a couple of blue laced red wyandottes and the chocolates come close to their body stature​

Quote:
I don't have any american bantams to compare with. I have a couple of blue laced red wyandottes and the chocolates come close to their body stature

LF or bantam BLRW? Or, you mean no bantams at all on your farm....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom