Chook attacked by dog

NicoleS

Hatching
Mar 7, 2018
Hi everyone,
One of my isabrowns was attacked by my puppy yesterday. I found her lying limp but still breathing. Her neck has an open wound. I have kept her in a box overnight and been drip feeding her water. He neck is limp and she can't seem to hold it up. She is standing but very wobbly on her feet. Do I need to put her down or give her more time to see if she comes right? Any help would be so much appreciated.

Hi everyone,
One of my isabrowns was attacked by my puppy yesterday. I found her lying limp but still breathing. Her neck has an open wound. I have kept her in a box overnight and been drip feeding her water. He neck is limp and she can't seem to hold it up. She is standing but very wobbly on her feet. Do I need to put her down or give her more time to see if she comes right? Any help would be so much appreciated.

I am sorry she was attacked glad you came here to Backyard Chickens, How many hours ago did this happen please

She's still breathing and her eyes are open but she can't hold up her own neck so I have it propped up on a towel. Yes I cleaned the wound and have antiseptic cream on it

IMG_6760.JPG

When you say antiseptic cream is it neosporin without pain killer ? you could make her some scrambled egg or a bit of plain yogurt if you have it

Its Rawleighs antiseptic, not sure if it has pain killers. I read on another thread that aspirin is ok to give them so I was going to do that too. She won't eat. Might be too soon. Maybe I will try food again in a few hours and just let her rest. I might go to the vets and get a proper antiseptic spray for her

Its Rawleighs antiseptic, not sure if it has pain killers. I read on another thread that aspirin is ok to give them so I was going to do that too. She won't eat. Might be too soon. Maybe I will try food again in a few hours and just let her rest. I might go to the vets and get a proper antiseptic spray for her
pickup a tube of neosporin possibly some pain yogurt our birds are pretty resilient

Back
Top Bottom