Choose the automatic door

T50 Run Chicken for me. It's most similar design to the Ador vs others, but cheaper ;)
These Run Chicken doors are cheap Chinese copy-cats in similar appearance to our ADOR doors and they also copied the ADOR drive. We innovated the Sprocket drive in 2012 and were the only ones with that design until the foreign companies somewhat copied it about 6 years later. My advice to those who have bought one of those foreign cheap doors is please come to AdorStore.com. Please consider replacing it when the Run Chicken fails because as far as I know they do not have replacement parts or repair options. I sometimes get phone calls from people who bought the foreign stuff who say they were given AdorStore phone number for customer service. But that's OK -- it gives me an opportunity to learn about the issues with the cheap product and to tell them about our door. We have replacement parts and accessories for the ADOR doors, online.

i also have the ADOR1 and highly recommend it. runs on a 6v lantern battery. i've had mine 2 years and have changed the battery once!
I am happy to say we usually had over the years most battery reports of lasting well over one year and even more than 2 and as much as 3 years. Then a few years ago there were lots of phone calls about bad batteries, to the extent we have been selling the ADOR1 and ADOR2 with free battery included, so that a new customer doesn't go buy a bad battery and think it is the fault of the door. We have found a good source of batteries and we test them on our own tester we made, that tests the battery under loaded conditions. So if anyone has difficulty finding good lantern batteries, we sell excellent 6 volt lantern batteries.

I’ve had the Ador for about 6 or 7 years now, and can’t recommend it enough! I change the battery about once a year, just to be safe. It is mounted inside the coop, and even though I bought the remote light sensor, I never installed it. The door opens & closes fine with the light coming in the windows.

I also have the ADOR1 door and highly recommed it. runs on a 6V lantern battery. i've had my door 2 years with no problems and have changed the battery once
Very good to know! We have frequent power outages in our rural area, so I'd feel safer with a battery-operated door. Don't want the ladies trapped inside or out when PG&E goes down again...

T50 Run Chicken for me. It's most similar design to the Ador vs others, but cheaper ;)
Just make sure you don't buy the cheap knock off. You can tell most of the them because you can see a silhouette of a chicken. Butt it is not supposed to be a silhouette of a chicken. The depiction is the shape of the creators home country(or ancestry) of Slovenia. I am guessing that the people making the knock off either think it is supposed to be a chicken or put a chicken so it looks alot like the original and people wouldn't really pay attention. Either way they give themselves away.

Genuine

ScreenHunter 0237 2023-05-06 21.53.jpg
ScreenHunter 0235 2023-05-06 21.52.jpg

Knock-off from china

ScreenHunter 0238 2023-05-06 21.54.jpg

Back
Top Bottom