Christmas in October block Swap

I think I'm going to go look sometime at the Bernina sewing machines anyone use this brand?
OOoooo! New sewing machine!!! Fun! Fun! I don't know anyone here that has a Bernina. They seem to be on a lot of the sewing shows, though. "The Quilt Show" website advertises them. I didn't see any other brand there. I get to go use my new sewing machine tomorrow!!
ya.gif
It's so much fun! I do look forward to Fridays!! I told them last week it was hard to leave it, like one of your children!! Lol!!!

I have Berninas and I love them but they are heavy so I've finally given in and bought a janome just to take to workshops and sewing days.

I saw the fabric shop on the daily blog of the Quilt Show. Captain John wanted to see the most expensive fabric there. I think it turned out to be 139 dollars. But there was also acres of quilting fabric.

Last edited:
I have Berninas and I love them but they are heavy so I've finally given in and bought a janome just to take to workshops and sewing days.

I saw the fabric shop on the daily blog of the Quilt Show. Captain John wanted to see the most expensive fabric there. I think it turned out to be 139 dollars. But there was also acres of quilting fabric.
I really want an embroidery machine my mom used to have Berninas I don't know what ever became of them but I do have her Singer and it is a good little light weight machine. I have been looking at Janomes too, decisions, decisions, decisions. 139 dollars, that is crazy, did it have gold thread?

Just checked out The Quilt Shop daily blog and the clothe shop. That is a bit overwhelming!!
ep.gif
I think you would have to know what you wanted, to go in there! I wouldn't be able to make a decision! I bet you could find what you were looking for, though!
Katsdar~hope you find the machine you are looking for! I'm not good at making decisions. I went with the janome because I got more pros from it than the baby loc I was thinking about. Then the B&B owner showed me her janome and gave a great review of it. I read the reviews. Tried it out, and was sold.

Katsdar, I saw this thread on QB thought you might be interested, I didn't read it so not sure if it will help or not. http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/bernina-janome-t268442.html
Thanks checking it out now, it is down to one of these, I looked at the babylock but the local quilt store that carries them one of the ladies in there isn't very friendly and I don't go in there unless I absolutely have to, I drive an hour one way when I need some fabric etc that I can't find on line.

Oh dear friends, what a mess I have been dealing with. I am finishing a quilt for my Auntie, full size with a fleece back. We decided the best way was to spray baste it, which I do out in our breeze way. I got it all sprayed and half way straightened out and a great big gust of wind blew it all together and down on top of me!
he.gif

The bottom half of the fleece backing stuck to itself. in a large sticky wad. The quilt as you go row by row top top wraped around it. It took me 5 hrs it get it straight again, inside the house on the floor, Oh my poor knees. My DH now has a new respect for what quilter's go through.

@RustyHen so sorry that happened, oh your poor knees, mine hurt for you, wow can't do the knee stuff very well, don't remember it hurting as a child, how we used to walk on our knees, oh to be young again lol

your going to think I'm crazy but I really want one of these,

http://www.handiquilter.com/machine/hq_sweet_sixteen/

and I think I am going with the Bernina embroidery machine which one dunno but no purchases will be done until after my son is married. So I have time to look and think.
My DH is getting a new truck so I'm getting something I want. Sounds fair to me.

Oh brought home a kitten she is so cute, so DH wasn't happy well guess who set up a nice comfy basket for her and guess where ( I think I will call her Missy) she is sleeping right now yep in his lap. Men are so funny.

Oh RustyHen!! What a mess! I hope after the 5 hours on your knees, it is back to where it should be!

Katsdar! I too like that that machine! "Sweet"!! And I think it is perfectly fair, new truck, new sewing machine!
smile.png

How horrible Rustyhen, that sounds like something I would do.

Katsdar, who wouldn't want that one!!!! But until Ed Mcman comes knocking that one is out of my league.

Back
Top Bottom