Christmas lights

Are your Christmas lights up yet

• I put mine up early in November

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I never put mine up until after Thanksgiving.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I procrastinate, mine don't go up until Christmas Eve.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck, I never took mine down last year.

• I put up seasonal lights, but not for Christmas.

• I never put up lights.

• Other-please comment

• Null

• Total voters
I have been TRYING to put mine up before Thanksgiving and this year I might actually get it done!!! JUST finished painting the front (enclosed, not heated) porch; the storm window is one and THOSE panes are streak-free; the windows, floor and outside table need cleaning--OTHERWISE we're ready to decorate!! Maybe....tonight?!?!?!?

Still up from 2 years ago
wink.png

Out in the country now but when we lived in town we had a blast with the kids coming by. This was my yard two years ago.

In our 'hood, you don't fit in if you don't have Christmas lights. Many folks already have theirs up.

Ours will go up Thurs-Saturday this week.

DW informed me that we are going to put chickens and the dog in our Christmas pictures this year!!!

surprise!

We put them up before Thanksgiving, but don't turn them on till after Thanksgiving!
Christmas tree get put up after Thanksgiving!

We're too isolated to bother with lights and I'm too cheap to pay for lighting them. The only people that come through our neighborhood at night are up to no good- people dropping off strays, kids partying, or kids knocking down mailboxes with baseball bats. I love Christmas lights, though. I drive through my town with my 4 y.o. to see all the lights. She loves them, too.

Hrumph. We're not procrastinators because we put them up on Christmas Eve. It's part of our tradition. We put up our tree and lights on Christmas Eve and have everything down on the first. We just do a small strand of lights around the living room windows and along the mantle, and have a small living tree that will most likely get planted next year as it's almost too big.

Back
Top Bottom