Chronic Sneezing

nknkdvt

Chirping
11 Years
Nov 1, 2011
Texas
I have a sweet Marin cross. She has had a sneeze for over a year. This weekend her sneeze started being followed by a very loud cry/crow sound and her chest gurgles. She still eats drinks roosts. I’m not sure how to help her. Antibiotic? Put her down? Any suggestions are appreciated.
Diane

Sneezing can be a sign of something irritating the nostrils if it is not related to a respiratory virus or disease. Is there any mucus or anything stuck in the nostrils? Is there any drainage from the nostrils or beak? Is your coop dusty or moldy?

Sure I’ll get it tonight
I got the video but could not post it to you tube. She is still sneezing but does not sound in as much distress. I won’t put her down yet. She acts fine otherwise. I just want her happy and comfortable.

Sneezing can be a sign of something irritating the nostrils if it is not related to a respiratory virus or disease. Is there any mucus or anything stuck in the nostrils? Is there any drainage from the nostrils or beak? Is your coop dusty or moldy?
I may need to get a flashlight and check her nose. She has sneezed for more than a year now. No one else. Just her,

Back
Top Bottom