"Churk Central" finally complete!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bluey, Dec 2, 2012.

1. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
  2. citychickx6

citychickx6 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Loveland
    That is a wonderful use of materials. Turned out rustic and cool looking. [​IMG]

Have you thought about some windows to let light and a breeze in?
    I have windows in mine and in the summer it is a great help in keeping the coop cooler. I put larger windows on the south for the winter sun as well.

3. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    A window certainly is a good suggestion and a future possibility. It certainly would be easy enough to frame out given the structure. I'm not worried too much about the light and breeze as the slats do have small gaps to allow both.

I will probably add a window to the front for the afternoon sun to get in. Maybe in the spring. I'll post an update when it's done! Thanks for the suggestion!

4. dscarla

dscarla New Egg

Oct 14, 2013
    Very nice, I'm building a coop as I write (well, I am taking a break at this moment!) reusing found/salvaged materials, mostly redwood decking. I have gained some good insights from your work!

Thanks!

Dennis

PS-If the fox "decimated" your flock of 12, that would be the loss of exactly 1.2 birds...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by